Today Callie is six months old. It's pretty incredible that a half of a year has passed. She is getting so big so fast. She is wearing 9-12 month old clothing already!
New things this month.
1. Two front teeth- they are sharp and she can munch on some apples, cucumbers, melon, whatever we let her get her hands on
2. Improved hand coordination- she can hold on to objects much better, she can transfer objects between hands, she can hold the play phone, she's beginning to pick up small items and put it in her mouth. The month stickers are lasting less time as she can peel it off her shirt in about 2 minutes making it hard to get the photo I want.
3. Sitting- she can sit for over 5 minutes at a time. She can also lean forward to get a toy and return to upright sitting. She is learning to transition to sitting and is close but not there yet.
4. Pivoting on her belly- this is pretty funny actually. Especially on the hardwood floor she likes to turn in circles on her belly.
5. Crawling- this is the big one this month. She can crawl pretty fast now and get where she wants to go. It's time to start baby proofing our home as she is getting into everything. Today she tried to get the router and is trying to find wires. We also have to clean our floor more or her belly looks like a swiffer full of dog hair.
6. Stand up with help- she can support almost all of her weight and likes to be standing with help. She will also push up into standing from sitting on your leg. Sometimes she likes to try to walk to. She is so proud if herself when she does this.
7. Grabbing the dogs- she used to just look at the dogs and touch them. Now she all out grabs them. She got her arms around Manny's neck this week and knocked him down and she rolls and crawls right on top of them. It's an adjustment for the dogs to get used to her. They still stay right with her just look at her photos today!
8. Food- she had her first juice, prune juice, to help get her belly moving. She also ate her first pieces of solid food chunks today, freeze dried apple bits that melt in your mouth when you chew on them. She did surprisingly well and didn't choke at all.
9. Babbling- she has progressed in her sounds and moved in from ga ga ga to ba ba ba and more b related sounds. She really gets going sometimes talking to herself, the dogs, people.
10. Spitting- you saw the video. Besides that she also spits out her medicine and spits even after its all out of her mouth.
Bad things at 6 months:
1. Teeth and breast feeding :( ouch
2. Reflux is getting worse- we are working on trying some different medications but so far they aren't helping. We have a dr appointment tomorrow to follow up.
3. Sleep- so I realize that I have not slept more than 5 hrs straight in 6 months! That's the best, usually it's about 3-4 tops. Even worse is that with her reflux she has been worse waking up from reflux crying and upset. Last night we were up 4 times to eat, 6 times total! That's not much sleep. I am hoping we can get the reflux under control better and get more sleep as this was improving earlier.
4. That my little baby is growing up so fast!
Months 1-6 have been quite the adventure but I am sure 6-12 is going to be even wilder. She will be mobile soon and all over the place. Then we will be chasing her around. I also have to add I am proud of myself for sticking to this blogging and really getting something posted nearly everyday.
Her little toothy smile and adorable giggle make all the lost sleep and painful bites worth it. I love this little munchkin to the moon and back.
Happy Half Birthday Callie! Mommy and Daddy love you so much! Xoxoxo